Job openings are known only as early as teachers share their plans with administration. The school requires teachers to declare their intentions (remain/move on) by December. Thus, positions available is often information in flux. However, ISD will update possible and probable openings as often as possible on this and other teacher recruitment websites. Reporting for new jobs is generally the first week of August.
Candidates Beware of Recruiting Scams
IS Dakar will never ask or require teacher candidates to send money for application fees, interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Dakar. We will not ask potential teachers for information related to bank accounts or other private information. If you have been asked by IS Dakar or another international school to send money to cover such costs, you may be the target of a scam. Some quality international schools have recently had their web sites cloned, and candidates have been asked to send money to fraudsters. All international candidates are urged to be diligent in investigating potential schools during the recruiting process and prior to signing a contract. Use extreme caution if you have been asked for money or private information.
Positions for 2014 - 2015
Recruiting for a School Nurse
School Year 2014 – 2015
- Current license to practice professional nursing, with previous experience as a school nurse in an international school setting preferred.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse (RN), with preference for a BA or BS in Nursing. Fluency in English and French.
- Organize and maintain nurse’s office materials and supplies, student health records and vaccination records.
- Take a proactive stance to be ready to deliver medical services across the day.
- Respond to medical emergencies and contact SOS services when required.
- Exercise excellent communication skills with students, parents, faculty and administrators.
- Write articles about health related issues for the Jaguar Journal.
- Teach and provide teaching materials for secondary school health classes.
- Oversee hiring and support medical personnel for major games and school tournaments.
- And in particular for our young students: TLC – Tender Loving Care.
Applicants with appropriate qualifications should submit resume in English, with contact information for recent references/supervisors to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by Monday, June 16, 2014