ISD - Mission Statement
The International School of Dakar ISD) is an independent English-medium international school which offers, in a nurturing environment, a rigorous, US-based, PK-12 curriculum enriched to reflect the needs and diversity of its international student body and faculty. ISD inspires students to become lifelong learners and responsible global citizens in a rapidly-changing world.
The International School of Dakar (ISD) believes that offering the best possible education program, curriculum, and instruction based on the highest standards will provide students the opportunity to maximize their potential. ISD believes quality education is attainable when students are valued as individuals in a community, prepared to think globally, and challenged to act responsibly.
- provide a well-rounded program of instruction using best educational practices appropriate to the diverse cultural, intellectual, and social needs of our international student body
- provide a US-based, non-sectarian, college preparatory, PK-12 curriculum with English as the language of instruction
- provide educational resources for a safe, challenging, tolerant, and supportive environment in which students are actively encouraged to participate
- prepare students to be independent thinkers, skillful communicators, and lifelong learners
- foster a sense of individual responsibility, self-discipline, self-reliance, and respect for self and others
- promote a creative, active lifestyle
- orient students to the world of technology and media, developing familiarity, competence, and awareness of the tools they will need as they continue their learning process beyond high school
- encourage students, teachers, school administrators, parents, and board members to play an active role in promoting educational excellence at ISD
- recruit highly-qualified and motivated faculty and staff and provide opportunities to foster their professional development
- provide opportunities for families and friends of ISD to strengthen community bonds through a range of inclusive activities and programs
- encourage acceptance and tolerance of the diversity of moral, traditional, and religious values