Salary and Benefits Information 2013/14
- Length of contract: 2 years
- Reporting date: Early August, 2013
- Teacher’s salary range (U.S. dollar equivalent: : $35,750- $50,350, adjusted annually)
- Percentage paid in U.S. dollars: 100%
- Local taxes on salary? No
- School only hires teaching teams: No
- School is likely to hire teaching teams: Yes
- School provides shared housing for singles: No
- Savings potential per year (U.S.$): Single $9,000 / Team $20,000
- Financially, will staff with non-working staff adult dependents experience difficulty? Yes
- Are employment opportunities available for non-teaching adult dependents? Very limited
- ROUND-TRIP TRANSPORTATION
- ANNUAL AIRFARE TO HOME OF RECORD AND BACK
- TRANSPORTATION FOR DEPENDENTS
- 5% RETIREMENT BENEFIT IN CASH ANNUALLY
- 10% OVERSEAS BENEFIT (5% at the beginning and end of each year)
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ALLOWANCE OF $1000/year
- BAGGAGE OR SHIPMENT ALLOWANCE OF $2,000 single/$3000 couple
- VISA PROCUREMENT ASSISTANCE
- FURNISHED ACCOMMODATIONS WITH PAID UTILITIES
- HEALTH INSURANCE (Including vision and $300 wellness benefit annually)
- LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
- CONTRACT EXTENSION BONUS
- TUITION FOR RESIDENT DEPENDENT CHILDREN 100%
- LOAN FOR PERSONAL VEHICLE up to $5,000 (Interest free)
ISD has two kinds of contracts for teachers: one for overseas recruited teachers and one for locally recruited teachers.
Overseas recruited contracts are offered to those teachers who specifically relocate for the purpose of working at ISD. These contracts include housing, transportation, and shipping allowance.
Local hired contracts are for folks who are here for other reasons (dependent spouses, living with family in Dakar, etc) and who are qualified for work in (and will add positively to) our educational environment.
Locally hired staff work on the same salary schedule as overseas recruited staff, and receive the same benefits, minus housing, the overseas benefit, annual home leave, and shipping.
Locally hired teachers who are already covered by a spouse's insurance will not receive duplicate coverage from ISD.