ISD encourages close home-school interactions. In an effort to keep communication positive and open, ISD has numerous ways to keep our community informed.
- ISD's website, www.isdakar.org, is a great resource. On the right side of the page, you will find Quick Links, including links to our weekly newsletter, The Jaguar Journal, and our Whole School Calendar, a regularly updated Google calendar, with sports, PTO, student activities, and education-related events. Under Quick Links, you will also find the 2012-2013 Academic Calendar. This calendar notes holidays, half days, and parent teacher conference dates for the whole year. It is approved by the ISD Board well in advance and is available at the very start of every school year.
- ISD emails a school-wide online newsletter, The Jaguar Journal, to all parents every week, usually on Friday afternoons.
- Targeted emails about events at ISD go out to parents throughout the year – these events are also posted on the Whole School Calendar and are noted in the weekly Jaguar Journal Update.
- A bulletin board with information from the ISD School Board (governing body of ISD) and the PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) are on the wall next to the main office. There is also a board with pictures and titles of all ISD Faculty and Staff next to the main office. We hope this helps parents put names to the many faces seen around our growing campus.
- A message board with a few general announcements stands at the front gate of school.
- A bulletin board with information on sports and activities stands under the trees, near the playground.
- Open House is held once at the start of the school year.
- Parent-teacher conferences are held twice each year (November and March)
- In the Elementary School, an additional goal-sharing conference is held once each year in October.
- Report cards are sent home 3 times per year – parents must sign and return a report card envelope.