The International School of Dakar (ISD) recognizes that it must be fully committed to accommodate change - a commitment to staying current with changing technology as well as changing expectations of how students learn and how teachers teach. In addition, we believe that effective teaching and learning with technology provides authentic, student-centered learning experiences that are relevant and engaging to provide the skills and concepts needed for them to live a meaningful life in the 21st century.
ISD is committed to integrating technology into the school to facilitate students learning and to provide instructional support in order to:
- Produce life-long learners who will contribute positively to global society
- Enhance communication and collaboration
- Promote research, critical thinking and problem-solving to enable students to effectively function in an increasingly complex and information-rich world
- Promote excellence and creativity
- Instill flexible, ethical and responsible behavior
- Define and sustain high expectations for the technology skills required by ISD staff and provide them with the support necessary to meet those expectations
- How can technology enhance understanding?
- How can technology be used to enhance creativity & innovation?
- How can technology be used to facilitate communication and collaboration?
- How can technology be used to gather and analyze information, and create evidence of learning?
- How can technology be used to help us become life-long learners?
- How does modeling the proper use of tech tools benefit everyone?